At South of England Hickory Golf we appreciate that every Event is unique, and we work closely with the Organiser of the Day to ensure its success. From providing a Hickory "Poster" template which you can use to advertise your Event, to ensuring that all participants are given sets of clubs that are suitable, we are always on hand to give advice and support.
We arrive early on the day of the Event and set up the bags on wooden stands around the putting green, so that when players have completed registration they can come and choose their set before practicing their putting.
The only thing that we cannot guarantee is the British Weather!
We will provide clubs for any format of Event, in the past we have supplied clubs for Hickory "Open" Events, notably at Goodwood where we have provided clubs for their Revival Event for the last five years, as well as Hickory Matches and Club Events. We specialise in Centenary, 125th Anniversary and 150th Anniversary Events, where club members have the opportunity to play on their course with the equipment used by their founder members.
- 9 or 18 Hole Package
This is suitable for either a main Club or Society competition or a relaxing afternoon round following a morning event. The Greensomes format has proved most popular for "post" lunch Events, where all players have the opportunity to play Tee shots on every hole, always knowing that if they miss the fairway, their partner still has a chance!
- 18 Hole Texas Scramble
Our most popular Event, suitable for all club members who will play nearly all their shots from the fairway as they have four chances on each shot! It is also a very relaxed format with less pressure than an individual event. This has proved most popular with clubs celebrating anniversaries, and where there is a large field of players.
However, if you would like to arrange a different format for your Hickory Golf Day, please contact us and we will work with you to provide a unique event.
What we Provide:
- Up to 80 sets of fully restored Hickory Clubs, including 8 left handed sets, in replica Leather and Canvas Bags. Each set will consist of 6 clubs, typically a Brassie or Spoon, a Long or Mid Iron, a Mashie, Mashie-Niblick, Niblick and a Putter. All bags come with a Towel and Umbrella.
- Indemnity against accidental breakage of clubs.
- A prize of a restored putter for the winner of the closest to the flag on a short hole of your choice.
- A selection of interesting Hickory Clubs and golfing memorabilia for display in the clubhouse.
- Photographs will be taken of players on the course which will be downloaded onto a memory stick and left with the organiser as a memento of the day.
For an event within 100 miles of Sevenoaks, the cost is £20 per player. For events further afield we reserve the right to change this depending on the numbers participating and the distance from Sevenoaks.
Where we have worked:
Clubs have been supplied to courses all over the country from Douglas Park GC in Glasgow to St. Enodoc GC in Cornwall. Clubs include:
- St. Andrews
- Royal St. George's
- Royal Blackheath
- Royal North Devon
- Walton Heath
- Moor Park
- St. Enodoc
- and many others